Google
 

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! This is my first official blog and i hope you enjoy reading them. Most of my posts are comments and experiences on the gadgets i've owned...and also things that interest me. I'm also still learning how to customize my page - on things i need to include so please make your suggestions and comments to help me out. :)

Please don't forget to sign in my GUESTBOOK also. Thank you all!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Nokia E71-2 White

Finally, my fourth (hopefully last) device after My Bad Experience with Nokia E71-2 and I am now ready for a review on my experience on the phone. Yesterday was the last day I could get a brand new replacement since it was the 14th day from my original date of purchase. If I get anymore problems I can only get a 'swap' phone in the store with just an unused phone alone and nothing else.

First thing I want to say is, I love this phone. I wouldn't go through all that trouble exchanging if it wasn't worth it. I will post pictures to show from its hardware, accessories and softwares. A lot of reviews are posted already so i'm not going to go into details but rather just point out the ones I really like about the phone.

Package Contents:

- Nokia E71
- Nokia battery (BP-4L - Li-Po 1500 mAh)
- Nokia charger (AC-5)
- Nokia connectivity cable (CA-101)
- Nokia headset (HS-47)
- Nokia Eseries lanyard
- Nokia Eseries pouch
- User Guide, Quick Start Guide, other documentation
- No micro sd included :(

Hardware:
The built quality of the phone is superb with its stainless steel cover although i've read that the front cover is a chrome-plated plastic only.

Volume keys and voice key to mute/unmute active calls and for voice commands.
Micro usb port.
The keys are really smooth and soft and not hard to get used to although if you have big fingers you'll might have a hard time.

Camera isn't that great compared to the Nseries but it's good enough to take daily pictures.




Stainless steel back cover.

Accessories:
I like the pouch and the wrist strap that it comes with in red suede finish inside.

It comes with a 2.5mm audio jack so i'll be getting an adapter because there's no way i'm using the headset that comes with it. :P
One of the reasons why I bought this phone is its battery with 1500 mAh capacity. I'm online 24/7, my emails on automatic retrieval (using Profimail) and browsing a lot and I charge the phone the next day.


Software:
Personal mode:
Work mode:
Menu.
Customizable One-touch keys.
Notification light - phone's D-pad light up (breathing) when you have messages, emails, etc.


Predictive text.
Built-in dictionary and you can install up to three languages.
Gallery.
Voice aid on message reader.
Customizable Home Screen which is great.


Switch mode.

Encryption.


Built-in Text-to-Speech.


For more pictures:
Flickr: dayene00: Nokia E71 Review Pictures Set

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review dayene.! Some great Photos too. I hope you have more luck with this device that your last ones. I too will be reviewing the E71-1 I have from WOM soon. Its really growning on me. I hated it at first, but now, i really like it.

Unknown said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

Joomla Web Designing Company
Ecommerce Web Development Company
Joomla Web Design Company