Google
 

WELCOME!

Hello everyone! This is my first official blog and i hope you enjoy reading them. Most of my posts are comments and experiences on the gadgets i've owned...and also things that interest me. I'm also still learning how to customize my page - on things i need to include so please make your suggestions and comments to help me out. :)

Please don't forget to sign in my GUESTBOOK also. Thank you all!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Update your firmware!

  1. First you need to know what firmware you're running by pressing *#0000# on the standby screen.
  2. Check HERE if there is an available update for your phone.
  3. Make a backup of your phone as this will delete everything (not your memory card/mass storage). It's advisable to backup contacts and messages only to avoid problems when restoring it.
  4. I suggest you take out the memory card before updating to avoid possible complications when the phone is booted up. Also, format your memory card as if everything is new.
  5. Make sure you have a full battery and put your phone in General profile. You can also charge your phone while updating just to make sure it doesn't turn off while updating.
  6. Open Software Updater and plug in your phone via usb. The Updater will detect your phone and will provide you the firmware needed.
  7. Download will be 10-15 minutes depending on your internet's speed. Flashing it will take less than 5 minutes.

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT INTERRUPT ANYTHING WHILE UPDATING AS THIS WILL RESULT IN BRICKING YOUR PHONE!

No comments: